Question
Posted by: Meez | 2010/07/08

concerned

Good day,
I suffered 6 miscarriages after my daughter was born she is was 3 yrs old at the time after my last miscarriage the doctor found that my insulin levels were high therefore i miscarried i was put on metformin and ecotrin i eventually got pregnant again &  doc said i had to continue taking those meds through the pregnancy which i did and the pregnancy progressed normally i gave birth to a beautiful baby boy his now 20 months old after the birth i lost 23kg. The 11th of May this year was my last normal period lasted about 5 days, about the 6th of last month i bleed but very little and only lasted for about 2 days, this morning i did a pregnancy test it showed positive should i go on the metformin again? how far along am i?

You should go and see your gynaecologist for further management. It sounds like you are about 9 weeks pregnant.

1