Question
Posted by: buttercup | 2010/07/06

CONCERNED

I am an overweight 34 year old female and suffering from High Blood Pressure. Recently I''m experiencing backaches and my back is forever getting cold. My friend told me that it is a sign that I will be having a stroke as her mother had the same effects and suffered a stroke and died. Please help me, should I be worried and do I go for a full physical check up. Please advise

Hi buttercup
the backaches have no relationship to getting a stroke. Strokes are caused by constant high blood pressure ( a blood vessel bursting and bleeding) or high cholesterol ( a blood vessel blocked) You may have back muscle spasms, you can treat with heat and massage. You should check your blood pressure regularly and take medicine to keep it within normal limits (lower than 140 above, and lower than 90 below)
dr Bets

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/07/06

Hi buttercup
dr Bets