Question
Posted by: Granny | 2010/01/22

Concerned

I discovered that my 15y old grand daughter was sexuall active with a friend’ s brother. it was a big shock because she never slept over anywhere. We decide to give the relationship (the first) a change, spoke frankly to them about the birds and the bees, but they dissapointed us. Emotionally she is far behind girls of her age and because of her personality she is not very popular although she is a beautifull girl. Maybe she did it to be accepted, I don’ t know. her friends are no virgins, or so they said to her. I’ m worried, must I give her the pill you think? it feels like giving her consent to do the wrong thing then.

Expert ImageTeen expert

This is not an easy decision, but if she is sexually active then conraception does need to be discussed. Her not being on the pill will not stop her having sex. It is important to provide a space where she feels comfortable to discuss this, and identifying someone in the family she can talk to would be very helpful.

Although the legal age of consent is 16, we know that people younger than that are sexually active, and so safe sex is vital - and in this regard a condom is the best protection against STI's and HIV.

4
Posted by: Teen expert | 2010/02/08

Reply to Teen expert
Posted by: justin | 2010/01/29

20YR OLD u stupid -|- slut

Reply to justin
Posted by: Granny | 2010/01/23

20YR OLD, I’ m so sorry what happened to you. Yes, we can do all we can, but we cannot watch our children 24/7. It is hard to keep such a big thing to yourself and know that your will proberbly judge by others if thy must know. Most af the times, I think, is that young, unexperienced girls are pressurised by boys older than them. Espesially those who have a low self esteem. Best of all is that my granchild know about everything. I spoke to her openly about it and she got a cd which explain all of it, that she could read on pc. I have done all to prevent such a thing and trusted her 100%.

Reply to Granny
Posted by: 20YR OLD | 2010/01/23

i became sexually active at 15 and it was because i was pressurised by a boyfriend who was about 2 years older than me all my friends were doing it so i thought i might aswell try it, my parents never knew and i thought i would be able to handle everything myself until i fell pregnant at 16 i was so shocked, i gathered up my courage and told my parents one night when i was already 6 weeks along, they handled it so well but i remember hearing them crying they didnt approve of what i did but i still did it , so they told me its my decision and i need to think of my future so i decided to have an abortion at 11 weeks, it still feels like a dream like it never happened, i think that u can tell ur daughter what u think and that its not a good idea, there are so many consequences and i regret it so much today its a secret il always have to keep,and people who find out that u were the pregnant girl will never look at you the same again, of all the advice u can give her you wont be able to control her doing it or not, so rather put her on the pill, im on the pill called yasmin and its excellent no side effects and its mild but strong enough to prevent pregnancy, good luck pls tell ur daughter my story i want to help young girls sothat they dont go throught what i did

Reply to 20YR OLD