Question
Posted by: BRUCE | 2009/08/19

CONCERNED

HI.

MY PARTNER AND I HAVE SEX AS MUCH AS WE CAN AND MY PENIS IS ALWAYS NORMAL AFETR THE SEX, HOWEVER DURING THE TIME SHE OVULATES I END UP HAVING A RED FORESKIN WHICH IS VERY SENSITIVE AND I DEVELOP TINY BLISTERS ON IT. WHY IS THIS, IS IT NORMAL, CAN I USE AN OINTMENT FOR IT, IT ONLY HAPPENS WHEN SHE OVULATES OTHERWISE ITS ALWAYS FINE. THE BLISTERS GO AWAY IN A DAY OR TWO AND THEN MY PENIS IS FINE AGAIN.PLEASE ADVISE.

THANKYOU.

There is a surge of hormones during ovulation and it is possible that this is causing irritation of your foreskin. If you are certain that this only takes place at this time (i.e. and therefore that it is not a sexually transmitted infection), then you could manage this by wearing a condom at this time in her cycle.

Claire - SASHA (www.sexualhealth.co.za)