Question
Posted by: 3rd Party | 2009-03-30

Concerned

Morning CS,

I would like to know what is the success rate for bulimics to recover. Will a recovered bulimic ever relapse? What is the implications if they relapse? What should be done? Is it possible for them if recovered never to relapse again? I would just like to know if they can forever be recovered and will it be a lifetime battle and how difficult is the battle if they are recovered?

Thank you for your time.

Hard to estimate, as |blimics" differ from each other, as do treatment progams. But there is a large enough recovery rate to make treatment really worthwhile. Relapse does occur ( again, depending on whether there's useful follow-up ), but it will still respond to further treatment. Its a bit like alcoholism --- many alcoholics, with the right attitude and help can remain sober for life --- but it requires continued effort and awareness.

1
Posted by: me | 2009-03-30

with God nothing is impossible

Reply to me