Posted by: and wanting to conceive | 2009-03-04

Hi Doctor
I went off the pill in Jan (I was only on it for 2 months, prior to that I was nursing and on microval). I got my period on 23 Jan, and then spotted on 15 Feb and 16Feb but havent had my period again.
I did a HPT when my period was due (1 was positive but 5 were negative!) and went for a blood test last week (which was 5 weeks after last period) and preg test was negative.
I am wanting to have another baby and wasnt regular previously but fell preg quickly (i.e. 3 months).
My gynae is very laid back and I' m getting uptight becase I want to know whats going on and if tehre is a problem want to fix it sooner rather than later. What do you suggest? Do i just wait til i get my period? How long do I wait for before I deal with this and what would be the course of action?

It can take up to three months for your body to adjust to being off the Pill. the spotting in February was probably a 'period'. there is nothing to do at this stage. Just see what happens this month.