Question
Posted by: RM | 2009/01/12

CONCERNED

Ive been diagnosed with a heart disease(faulty valves). My cholesterol reading is 6.9. My bp varies between 160/100 and 190/110. I am taking Verapamil, Coversyl and Digoxin which I take 3x a day. Recently I had 3 migraine attacks in 1 week and chest pains. Is there any reason for concern. Thank you.

Dear RM
Yes, your bloodpressure and cholesterol levels are higher than ideal levels, you may also be developing angina. You should ideally see a physician so that your medication can be changed to manage the abnormal high blood pressure and cholesterol and you should have an ECG done if you haven't had one recently