Posted by: Anon | 2008-11-13

Hello, I am a bit worried about my eight year old littlte girl.
She is a lovely young lady and we brought her up well and in a good strong silid loving eviroment and marrage.
My concern is that whenever I say the " private Parts words" eg Vagina, etc, she gets very upset and angry. This has been for a good few years now. I have often asked her why she gets upset, but she will just storm off. I have asked her if anyone has tried putting their hands where they are not supposed to, and she tells me no!
I am not sure what to think.

This is worrying, I understand. Some kids are not bothered by such words, some are embarrassed by them. But to appear alarmed and angry about them, is distinctly odd. A child psychologist could interview her gently and indirectly check out what her concerns are about such matters. There is a possibility that she may have been exposed to some form of abuse or molestation, and she is signalling that she is not keen to talk about it openly