Question
Posted by: Denise | 2008/11/05

Concerned

I had an excession perineal lesion operation about two weeks ago. I have three sticthes on the outside which the doctor said will disolve by itself. I am just wondering how long does it take for them to disolve and when can I engage in intercouse again? Seeing that we are planning for a baby now and I am ovulating next week. I am scared we will miss that seeing that I still have the stitches. Can you please advise me regarding this matter. Many thanks.

It usually takes 3-4 weeks for stitches to dissolve. You can try having sex, but you may still find it uncomfortable for a while.