Question
Posted by: GeBug!! | 2009/11/13

Concern at work

I have recently lost a lot of weight due to stress (recently married, now divorcing) A colleague (acting senior) has, on several occassions asked if I am sick and what was wrong with me ' cos I' ve lost weight. I responded by saying I wasn' t well ,but my illness is confidential.

I know he may have meant well by asking. I' d like to know if it is necessary to tell him or keep it to myself. I' m currently undergoing counselling sessions (not at work)., to get support.

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

RE: CONCERN AT WORK

It is not necessary for you to tell your employers exactly what is wrong with you. This is your personal and private information, as long as you are doing the work it is no concern of theirs.

2
Posted by: labour lawyer | 2009/11/27

RE: CONCERN AT WORK

Reply to labour lawyer
Posted by: swg | 2009/11/14

tell him if its relevant to your performance at work (maybe they can also offer some form of support) but i doubt that you have any obligation to tell them whats going on in your private life.
good luck

Reply to swg