Question
Posted by: CIARA | 2010/08/21

CONCERN

GOOD DAY

I AM A 23 YEAR OLD FEMALE from the western cape...in the past iv taken birth control tabs whish was only once and it affected my period cycle as i bled fot 2consistent months...i was then given medication from the doc to reset my cycle and since then everything is okay....however im having difficulty falling pregnant. i also have a kidney infection where i have taken AMOCLAN TABLETS for...please help what could be wrong

Dear Ciara

My first recommendation would be a more thorough evaluation of the fertility problem in particular to establish whether your tubes are patent or blocked. It is also imperative that the partner be investigated as well in the form of a sperm analysis as often the problem lies with the male. If the male factor as well as the tubal factor is healthy and normal then simple ovulation monitoring using the latest urine LH testing kits would be strongly recommended so as to predict when ovulation is likely to occur and to time intercourse appropriately.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

2
Posted by: zoe | 2010/09/08

Good day,

I had my right fallopian tube removed a few years ago, I have been trying for 4years to get pregnant but every month I ovulate from the right side. And the 2 times I did ovulate from the lift I did fall pregnant but lost the baby’ s between 10 and 12 weeks.
Will Gonal F help me to ovulate from the lift more than 1 a year and is it posible to fall pregnant when I ovulate from the right side were I do not have a fallopian tubu?

Z

Reply to zoe
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2010/08/27

Dear Ciara

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

Reply to Fertility expert