Question
Posted by: Dee | 2012-05-08

Conception after D& C

Hi Doctor,

I had a miscarriage,followed by a D&  C procedure yesterday (I was 6 weeks). How long would you suggest we wait before trying to conceive again?

The general recommendation is 3 months.

3
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2012-05-11

The general recommendation is 3 months.

Posted by: Pisces24 | 2012-05-09

I had a d& c in March and my Doc said I could start straight away. The sac had only developed, no baby:-( I was also 6 weeks along. You are most fertile after the d& c so I would wait till the bleeding is over and try. After the op, I did not bleed. A week later, I got my period and thereafter we started trying again. I assume I ovulated at the end of March. Have not had my period since, took hpt - all negative. Going to do a blood test at the end of the week. Hoping Im preggies:-)

Reply to Pisces24
Posted by: nicole | 2012-05-08

Hi Dee
I truly am sorry to hear....of your lose.I too had a Miscarriage 3weeks ago.I was 8weeks pregant......its really a sad but one heal from it.We too are now going too start just has soon im done with my period after having the EVAC.I WAS TOLD ITS THE BEST TIME START AGAIN.
ALL OF THE BEST FOR YOU AND OURT PARTNER......AND JUST KEEP TRYING.MWA
you guys are not alone

Reply to nicole