Posted by: NS | 2008-10-30

Conception - Advise

We are trying to conceive from mid end July (when I stopped using the yasmin Pill) The first two months I'  ve kept tract of my cycle and to check when exactly I ovulate. In this month my ovulation took place between 18 - 22 Oct. Now this week I feel slightly nausious (some food smells makes it worse) with slight strange feeling in my abdominal area (have regular bowl movement) and I'  m tired and emotional. And also not really in the mood for sex. My period is only due from Monday (3rd Nov.) Can I maybe be pregnant and that my body starts with the changes regarding conception or is it too early to tell. I know I would only be able to do a HPT when I know I'  ve missed my period. Please advise.

Dear NS

Some of the symptoms may be in keeping with very early pregnancy but the symptoms are non-specific and should not be relied upon. In general it is rather too early for the symptoms to become manifest in the event of a pregnancy. A sensitive blood pregnancy test will certainly be able to confirm whether you are pregnant or not.

Answered by: Dr. M.I. Cassim