Posted by: Hopeful | 2009-01-09

Conception Advice

My hubby and I are trying to fall pregnant, and really want it to be this month. My menstral cycles differ from month to month, so I bought an ovulation kit. The kit will be positive when you will ovulate in the next 24-36 hours. We would really like to have a girl, so we know that we should have sex prior to ovulation. The thing is, we had sex on Wednesday morning (I hadn' t had a positive reading yet), and then on Thursday midday, when I tested (ovulation) it was positive. So, that would mean I will ovulate anytime between Thursday to Saturday. Due to circumstances, we were unable to have sex on Thursday, so with us having sex on the Wednesday, what is the chance that I will fall pregnant?
When can I have a blood pregnancy test, that will give me accurate results?

You can't plan thinks so accurately. The earliest that a blood test will be positive is on the day your period is due.

Posted by: Jani | 2009-01-10

Shame Hopeful, it sounds complicated! Sounds more like a business than anything else! Well, my husband and I have that coming for us as well in May, when we would like to conceive! Ai! But if thats what it takes to get pregnant than so be it hey!
Good luck!  -)

Reply to Jani
Posted by: me | 2009-01-09

After missed periods.

Reply to me