Question
Posted by: Childless | 2011/10/12

Conception

i am 32 years old, overweight, smoke and drink and still battling Bulimia (make myself sick once or twice a week). i want to conceive..what are my chances given my stastics?

Dear Childless

There no doubt being over weight, smoking and drinking have a negative impact on fertility. My best advice to you is to try and lose weight, stop smoking and avoid alcohol before attempting to conceive as that would give you a much better chance. This will not only impact conceiving but in addition having a healthy outcome for your pregnancy as well. However all the above are not the only factors that are responsible for conception to take place. There are many other factors such as male factor problems, fallopian tube problems and other gynaecological conditions that may impact on your chances fertility. So it is not impossible but you still have a chance of conceiving but take my advice before you conceive to avoid risking the pregnancy.

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

1
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2011/10/18

Dear Childless

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

Reply to Fertility expert