Posted by: Helen | 2009-03-30

Concentration Problems

Hi Doc,

I am a 22 year old female and I am battling to concentrate. I' ve always had a wondering mind but it' s getting bad now and it' s affecting my work. My mother has adult ADD and my younger sister was treated with ADHD (it runs in my family). But I don' t think it' s that because it' s only been getting bad in the past few months.

Dear Helen
Have yourself tested by a doctor to see if there are any physical problems causing these symptoms. You may have side effects from medication, unrestful sleep, psychological causes like anxiety and depression, hormonal causes like low thyroid hormone, iron deficiency etc. If needed he will refer you to a specialist for further treatment.