Question
Posted by: Sue | 2012/03/14

Concentration

Hi Doc,

My 5yr old started grade 1 and I noticed that he has trouble concentrating with his school work, he gets very bored when I try to teach him his words, he is also very hyperactive and goes to bed at 10 at night. I don''t want to put him on any medication but i have come to a point where i know i need to help him, please please help me, I am very desperate.

Sue

You will have to consult a child psychologist for an evaluation and possible medication to be used only during the week (not holidays and weekends) to improve his concentration.