Question
Posted by: Annon | 2012/02/14

Conceiving after the pill

hi
i have been on the pill for over a year and want to conceive. i also took a morning after pill after missing one pill about a month and a half ago and have had two normal withdrawal bleeds since. will this affect my chances of conception?

is irregular bleeding and brown discharge a normal occurrence after stopping the pill?

DEAR ANNON

IRREGULAR BLEEDING AND BROWN DISCHARGE MAY BE THE CONSEQUENCE OF INTERUPTING NORMAL HORMONE LEVELS WHEN USING THE MORNING AFTER PILL. HOWEVER IT MAY SIGNIFY A MORE SERIOUS UNDERLYING CONDITION SUCH AS ENDOMETRIOSIS. I RECOMMEND THAT YOU MONITOR THE SITUATION OR THE NEXT 2 TO 3 CYCLES AND SHOULD THE BROWN DISCHARGE PERSIST OR SHOULD ANY OTHER SYMPTOMS ARISE IT WOULD BE BEST TO HAVE IT INVESTIGATED. IN GENERAL THE ORAL CONTRACEPTIVE PILL DOES NOT INTERFER WITH FERTILITY PROGNOSIS PER SAY.

ANSWERED BY: DR M.I. CASSIM

2
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2012/02/28

DEAR ANNON

ANSWERED BY: DR M.I. CASSIM

Reply to Fertility expert
Posted by: Annon | 2012/02/15

after my last period i did have a normal pap smear.

Reply to Annon