Posted by: Portia | 2012-01-19

Conceiving after termination &  ectopic pregnancy

Hi Doc,

I had a termination 8 years ago and an ectopic pregnacy 4years after. I just want to know my chances of conceiving after these incidents. I havent tried yet.

Dear Portia

If the ectopic pregnancy had resulted in removal of one of the fallopian tubes then the chance of conceiving generally would be half that of a person with both intact fallopian tubes. This does not necessarily mean that you cannot conceive but it just means that it will take double the time that you will be able to conceive. However if your termination of pregnancy had effected your fallopian tube that is left behind then this will further reduce you chances of conception. I suggest that you first try on your own and if you are having some difficulty then you should see your gynaecologist so that he can ascertain the patency and the state of the fallopian tube.

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

Posted by: Vst | 2012-01-31

I went through both incidents and when i was ready to be a mother more than 5 years later i conceived without any hassle in my 5th month of TTC. I now have a healthy 2 year old baby and we are both doing fine. With God''s blessings i am planning to have my other baby soon.

Reply to Vst