Posted by: Hestia | 2012-11-12

Hi. Is there anything myself or my husband can use to increase the chances of conceiving? I am off contraseptives for 5 months now. Anything we can do to help it along?

Dear Hestia
It doesn’t appear that you should be really concerned as it may take several months before one achieves a pregnancy even if there are no problems at all providing you have regular menstrual periods, then to only about 60% of couples may achieve a pregnancy. It could take up to a year before 90% of couples could achieve a should only be concerned after 1 year of regular unprotected intercourse. If after a year there is still no pregnancy, investigations should be commenced. If however you are over the age of 35 then the investigations should start a little sooner, at 6 months.
Answered by Dr Y.M.Dasoo