Posted by: Desperado | 2009-02-16

Me and my wife want to have a baby,but we are having a worrying problem,after we have sex the sperm come out of her vigina.How can we make sure that they dont come out bcs this means that our chances of her conceiving become zero.

Dear Desperado

A man’s ejaculate consists of two main fractions namely seminal plasma, which is the bulk of the volume and the second component being that of that actual sperm cells or spermatozoa. This usually accounts for less than 0.5ml of the total ejaculate and in most cases is approximately 0.25ml. The “so called” leaking of sperm after intercourse is the normal phenomenon in many patients and is not necessary an indication of a problem provided that sperm parameters are within normal. However in order to obviate this problem one could consider intrauterine insemination as an option but this has to be done under supervision of a fertility specialist.

Answered by: Dr M. I. Cassim

Posted by: Dee | 2009-02-16

The carrier of sperm is semen. The semen leaks out whereas the sperm swims away. It happens to everybody.

Reply to Dee