Posted by: dubs | 2009-06-01

trying to conceive,stopped the pill nov 2008,todate nothing has happened. did not have problems conceiving the first one 3 years getting worried.i get my periods normal every 20th of each month.should i worry?

Dear Dubs

The definition of infertility is failure to conceive after 1 year of unprotected regular intercourse. Therefore it is at this point a bit too early to be overly concerned. However if there is no conception within the next 3 months then I would recommend a routine gynaecological evaluation. However to expedite your chance of conception I would recommend regular ovulation monitoring by means for the urine LH testing kits such as Clearplan for the next 2 to 3 cycles.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim