Question
Posted by: Hilton | 2010-05-17

Comrades

Hi Doc, I am running comrades at the end of the month and would like to keep a tablet or two in the pocket " in case" . A painkiller/anti-infalamatory type pill that I hear people take when the going gets bad. Can you recomend something?

Hi Hilton

A lot of people do take anti-inflammatories when running. And yes, they can have some pretty serious consequences. It's rare, but the risk is great because kidney failure is no joke. So I would try not to rely on meds if I could avoid it.

I would possibly look at a paracetamol tablet of some kind, but that's where I'd draw the line. There's little benefit in taking more, and only risk.

I think you just have to manage your effort to avoid the "in case" scenario. Easier said than done, I know but definitely the safer way to go.

2
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2010-05-25

Hi Hilton

Reply to fitnessdoc
Posted by: raf | 2010-05-24

hi doc
also doing Comrades
will bending forward with head between legs every 10km help for blood circulation as one spends a long time on legs.

thank you

Reply to raf