Posted by: Ella | 2012-11-20

Compulsory vaccines for India

Hello CS - I know this is not your field of expertise but maybe you can point me in the right direction. I have posted this q''tion on Health24 but the ''experts'' are slow in their response
My son (13yrs / 65kg) is moving at the end of December 2012 to New Delhi. His father has been posted there for a period of 4 years and he will be joining his dad in Delhi.
I have been to my local travel clinic (very small town ...) and was informed that my son only needs a ''Thyphim VI'' shot.
Certainly there must be something else as New Delhi is not a very safe place (health wise) to live?
Assistance much appreciated.

Sorry to hear some other expert(s) may have been slow in responding ( though it's fair to give them a couple of days, as we're all busy with other things ! )
Now, I have no idea what the correct answer is to your question, but it is indeed an important one to get right. Most countries would either not allow you to board the plane, or to enter the coutntry, if you ( or your son ) hasn't had the required immunizations. ANy major travel agency should know the answer. Many GPs would know. And online check out major travel websites, the site of the Indian Embassy, and so on. The answer must be out there !
And cant his father, now in New Delhi, ask the right authorities there, and let you know ? He should be jusrt as concerned about this as you are.

Posted by: Sherish | 2012-11-21

You can go to your nearest travel clinic and ask them for the yellow fever vaccine as its compulsory. This vaccine is valid for 10y.

Reply to Sherish