Question
Posted by: Ester Harper | 2010-11-26

Compromise, sex, feelings

am involved with a guy that I have slept with on and off and obsessed with for nearly 10 years - although the last few years we have become very close - although he never discusses his feelings towards me - our sexual relationship dominates the relationship and his fettishes have become routine - I dont think he knows how to communicate his feelings I discuss my need to feel wanted and sexy and the impact that I believe it might have on me fulfillng his needs - I dont seem to have the confidence or motivation to dominate him if I dont see the affect I have on him - is it all about sex that we both love or does he really see me?

Sexual intercourse is the physically expression of love in a relationship. It is important in a relationship for both individuals to feel that their needs are being met, without this, resentment may result. Good communication is vital, so that each person can feel that they are able to express their feelings, concerns, hopes and fears. It seems that you are trying to fulfil his needs but your own emotional needs are not being met. It may be necessary for you to tell him how important it is for you to know how he feels about you. It may be necessary for you both to seek further help in this regard. You can obtain the name of an appropriate professional from the South African Sexual Health Association (SASHA) helpline 0860 100 262.

For more information, go to the SASHA website : www.sexualhealth.co.za

1
Posted by: Sexologist | 2010-11-27

Reply to Sexologist