Posted by: Lizz | 2012-01-28

I''m a married woman with two kids. I love my husband and yes we''ve had a fair share of ups and downs. 3 years ago my husband came to me and told me he wants a divorce, I was devastated and I asked/ begged him not to and he was adamant that thas what he wants. I let go and said well if thats what u want I''ll wait for the divorce papers and I''ll sign them. During that period I met a guy while i was out with m husband, the minute I saw him I felt something for him. Something i''ve never felt before. Before he was introduced i felt it. My husband never had the heart to go thru with the divorce so we are still together. The issue is 3 years later I still think about that guys often. After I met him I saw him a couple of times and everytime he was around I felt the excitement and my heart raced. We moved to another country so I never see him but I still think about him everyday. Dont know if what I feel is love, lust, infatuation but I''m wondering how it will be like with him. I want to know him a lil better. how do i stop thinking about this guy:(

Wouldnt marriage counselling be a really good idea here ? To help you both understand better what has happened over this contradictory and confusing period in he relaionship ? There may be less in the other guy than you think --- you met him when you were very vulnerable and needy, and as you have not really been together, he has no had a good chance to disappoint you. So he remains a comforting fantasy. The best way to forget about him would be via counselling, to heal your marriage, if this is possible, or otherwise to end it for carefully thought out reasons, and, then free from committments, to consider other relationships