Posted by: Mom | 2013-02-15

Complains about a teen son

I''m a working for the company that makes me travel a lot and sometimes its very stressing. All you want when you get to the hotel room is to take a bath and sleep. All I get is one complain after another one from my dear husband about my son and I seriously don''t need that when I''m out I expect him to deal with home issues rather until I''m back at home. He''s not the real father but at least when I''m not home he can try to be one rather than stress me even more. Now he sent me messages of ''my son''s behaviour which for me are minor issues that he can deal with themwithout even consulting me. Now that I''m not home how do I deal with issues of how is my son''s bed made!!!!!! How do I check if he''s sleeping at 9pm or not?!! I don''t even know whether I should respond or just ignore because I''m not in the mood to fight right now

Why does he feel so uncomfortable taking responsibility for your son ? Does he lack confidence in his capability of doing this properly, or is he old-fashioned enough to feel this is YOUR job and not his ? Maybe you need to spoonfeed him a bit while you're at home, dealing with the sort of problems he balks at, together, pointing out how well he is managing them.

Posted by: Purple | 2013-02-15

Will the world end if your sons bed is not made?

Tell him to close the door and stop being so petty.

Its as if he wants to cause trouble for your son by " telling on him"  to you when you''re away. Does he continually feel the need to " show your son whose boss?" . Sounds like he has a bit of a problem.

Reply to Purple