Question
Posted by: Cyclist | 2008/08/06

Competitive Cyclist

Good day. My husband is a competitive cyclist. We read an article about " Glutamine-enriched Hammer Whey protein with almonds"  mixed with water in a paste, which you drink after training, to improve lean body mass and loss of fat mass. This is to help trim a few pounds off the waistline or hips. What is Glutamine-enriched Hammer Whey protein and where can you buy it. Thank you

Expert ImageSports Nutrition

I am not sure where you can purchase these products, however I know you will find them on the web – I did.
Fat loss does not lie in a product only – it is mostly in the eating. However, good fats like those found in almonds are know to be natural fat burners, but please understand that diet still plays the major role. essential fats assist in the general working of the body while glutamine is the most abundant amino acid of the body and it is also the main food for the gut cells where 80% of our immunes system is found – thus it is good for a healthy gut, the immune system and it will support muscle growth, but only if the diet is in tact!

Take care.
Vanessa