Posted by: Cindy | 2008-12-01

Compensation Fund (how does it work)

I would like to find out how a compensation fund work, a friend of mine lost her husband last year, due to an accident that happened at work, and to my knowledge there should be some kind of compensation, but to this moment she has not received anything, or heard anything from the employer. worst of all she is not working and has a child she is taking care of , my question is who should be handling this to ensure she is compensated, does one have to wait for a certain period or what. What steps can she take regrding this.

thank you

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

Re: compensation fund

The Department of Labour should be contacted by your friend as soon as possible in order to enquire what has happened to the payout from the workmen's compensation fund. It normally takes many, many months but they need a nudge from time to time.