Question
Posted by: Johan Jordaan | 2010/04/06

Compartment Syndrome

I use to be a runner for about 18 years, until I started suffering from compartment syndrome in my left lower leg. For the last 7 years I''ve been cycling with very little pain if any in my lower leg.

I would like to know, what is the chances of the compartment syndrome going away by itself over time?

Johan

Hi Johan

As I understand it, very small, unfortunately. It can happen, but generally it returns pretty soon if the pressure in that compartment is allowed to increase again, unless you have the surgical option. THe only thing you can do is try to run again and see what happens. You'll know the feeling and so it will be quite easy to figure out what the pain (if it happens) is the same or not. But there's no guarantee either way.

1
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2010/04/07

Hi Johan

Reply to fitnessdoc