Question
Posted by: Beverley | 2010/07/06

comparing twins

I have twins they are both wonderful my problem is people around me they are so irritating to me because they keep on comparing my children and i dont know how to handle it including their father , i wish they can stop and let my twins grow like any other siblings , i believe they are both individual being and they have their own personality and i accept them the way they are, twins are never are different too.

What a perfectly normal and reasonable request ! twins are special, and develop with similarities and differences, and I agree should be left to deveoop as they naturall will, rather than being encouraged to fit someone else's expectations.

3
Posted by: Leigh | 2010/07/07

I don''t know how old the twins are, but it is something you need to accept but at the same time make known that you don''t like. We make a habit of comparing people, just listen to a group of parents chatting! When the twins get older, they will even compare one anothers school reports etc., despite all your efforts. Just let it be known that they are accepted as two little people who are fortunate enough to be born on the same day, with all the benefits, and sometimes disadvantages, this brings.
Your attitude will make a big difference. Enjoy them, twins are such a wonderful gift.

Reply to Leigh
Posted by: Click | 2010/07/06

In the real world they will be compared, you not going to be able to protect them all the time, better to teach them to deal with it

Reply to Click