Posted by: Lee | 2011-05-31

Company moving offices

Good day

My company is moving offices from Midrand to Johannesburg and they advise that they will be no travel allowance or subsidy
which i understand even though they will be financial impact on some of us.

I decided on using a lift club which will be costing very close to my transport money the challenge is the people i will be travelling with work 7-4 and 9-6 shifts whereas i work 8-5

I asked my manager if i can work 7-4 i am willing to work through my lunch and take the 15/30 munities break the company gives out for my lunch, she refused saying Labour law does not allow that and with the job i do it has to be 8-5 even though i say by 16h00 i will be finished with my work since i will be working my lunch.
Please assist me i feel like i am being frustrated so i can resign i really need my job and love it but financially i am not going to cope.

Thanking you in advance

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

re: Company moving offices

Unfortunately from the Midrand to Johannesburg does not constitue a necessity to have a travel allowance.

There is no law allowing employees to decide on their hours of work.