Question
Posted by: Scapegoat | 2010/11/03

Company looking for scapegoat

My manager signed off a audit declaration stating certain audit findings were corrected. A year later, it is found that this was not done. She has a history of signing off reports and declarations although the items on the agenda has not been actioned. She now claims that she gave me an explicit instruction to action these items and I confirmed that this was done. She has not proof of this, and even though she normally gives me instructions via email, she claimed that this was done verbally. Furthermore, the dates that she claims to have given me the instruction was dates where she was on leave. Although, all evidence is in my favour, I am concerned as she is friends with the Head of Department, resulting in regular promotions dispite messing up. The investigation is ongoing. What are my options in defending myself.

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

RE: COMPANY LOOKING FOR SCAPEGOAT

If in fact your Manager did not give you the instructions then you must stand your ground. They need to have actual proof that you were given those instructions. The fact that you always get your instructions by e-mail is proof enough.

1
Posted by: Labour Lawyer | 2010/11/05

RE: COMPANY LOOKING FOR SCAPEGOAT

Reply to Labour Lawyer