Question
Posted by: almostmad | 2011/02/19

Company claims I am incompetant

The company I work for is paying me R5000 to work in a skilled management position. I have been working my head off since I started my job but my managment are claiming I cant do my job. In my first performasnce review they claimed I wasnt doing well enough, so they put me on a second probation period. The fisrt one I wasnt informed that I could contest what they were saying, and only recently found that I should have been allowed this. Is this legal? Now they have given me a second review and basically found every aspect of my job lacking, which seems impossible. I think they are just trying to get rid of me as we have differences in oppion in terms of how certain things should be done.One of my bosses has belittled me in front of other staff on numerous occations as well, and I got the feeling he did not like me and felt he needed to put me in my place. I have proof of the work I have done that proves I am more than capable in my position. They want to terminate my contract. Is there anything I can do legally?

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

Re: Company Claims I am incompetant

If you signed to go on an exteded probation then that is legal.

the company is entitled to investigate the competance of each and every employee and their assesments must be challenged if you are unhappy with it.

3
Posted by: Labour Lawyer | 2011/02/22

Re: Company Claims I am incompetant

Reply to Labour Lawyer
Posted by: Whena | 2011/02/21

Do they give you written reasons as to what you are doing that is lacking? Do they give you a schedule of ways to improve?

All the above is requirements of the LRA

Reply to Whena
Posted by: Casey | 2011/02/21

They can''t fire you without any good reason or proof.

Reply to Casey