Question
Posted by: Samuel | 2011/05/03

Commuting for work while wife is pregnant

Dear GynaeDoc

I currently work in Cape Town and commute from Durban every week, with weekends spent in Durban.

My wife is pregnant and I''m concerned about leaving her on her own 5 days a week. Do you think it s critical for me to be in Durban full time or can I continue commuting although its not ideal? Should we consider hiring someone to help her? What kind of person do we need e.g. a nurse?

Sam

Unless your wife has problems in the pregnancy, there is no reason why she needs someone to look after her.

3
Posted by: ama | 2011/05/05

I can imagine how much money you spend to be with her every week-end
That''s sweet of you
..i can advise if you can get someone who will check her every second day if possible or someone she can contact within CT when she needs help ..I''m Happy she has a husband like you

Reply to ama

Posted by: QQ | 2011/05/03

Dont stress. Women have been having babies on their own for millions of years.
She can do this without you or anyone else forthat matter.
You work and bring the money home. She will be fine. The ambulance''s number is basically all she needs in her life now.

Reply to QQ