Question
Posted by: steve | 2009/12/22

communication

I have read so many relationship problems, and the basic advise is nearly always the same - COMMUNICATE.

I believe this is teh best and only way - but what do you do when your wife refuses to discuss the problem ? Everything is normal and happy until you mention " the issue"  and then all hell breaks loose.

She is not even prepared to listen to " We need to talk about ....." 

Keeping quiet is best for the relationship - but how long can it last ? I have no desire about looking elsewhere, but desperately need to talk to someone.

Would love to go to a couples theropy etc - but no chance of that

You have the right idea – counseling. Although it would be beneficial for both of you to see a professional, nothing stops you from seeking help alone and get assistance for yourself to handle the situation you are in.

You are also welcome to contact our helpline – 0860100262 where you could be assisted to get in touch with a therapist as close a possible to you.

Furthermore you are welcome to visit the following website for any more sexual health information and assignments that could be helpful: www.sexualhealth.co.za

3
Posted by: steve | 2009/12/23

The reply by Pp is the exact reply that I would have given - before it happened to me.

In reality my wife will not consider theapy / councilling - " You go - it is your problem, not mine" 

This puts the probleml firmly in my court again, and she has the total upper hand.

There is no ways I am going to leave at this stage - I want to stay with my family. She has total control.

Now what ?

Reply to steve
Posted by: pp | 2009/12/23

Was this the case before you got married.It seems that all or shall I say most couples were as happy as hell before the weddingcake came in. You must tell her it' s talking or having a proffesional helping you guys or it is you leaving, that might wake her up. It sounds harsh but sometimes it' s the only way.

Reply to pp
Posted by: sexologist | 2009/12/23

Reply to sexologist