Posted by: Kourtney | 2010-06-28

common law??

Good day!
If you not able to assist, as i know this is a divorce support site, pls advise who can help.
I been living with my boyfriend for 5yrs, he''s paying the rent, but lease on my name. We have a 14month old boy. My boyfriend is a drug addict and i''ve had enough and want to leave. But i feel why should i leave when he''s the one that messed up. Where can i find out what my rights are with regards to staying in the house, and him supporting me with some of the rent, domestic that looks after our son and maintenance. I don''t want to take him for all he has, it''s not like me, but i feel he''s put me through enough, and he knows i cannot a place afford a place of my own. Thanking you

Expert ImageDivorce support expert

Hi Kourtney,

you will find assistance on

Wishing you all the best.