Question
Posted by: oi | 2012/07/24

common consideration?

Isnt a partnership in a cohabitation relationship supposed to be of consideration for the other person? When I go out in the evenings, I let my bf know what time I will be home and with whom Im with. Last week he was out a lot and got home late where I pretended to be sleeping but knew exactly what time he got home. He doesnt let me know where he is or with whom and I havent asked. However last night he said he would be home and he wasnt again. He got home at 22h30 and I wanted to know why he couldnt have just let me know what time he would be home as i rushed home as i told him I would be home at 20h30 and I keep my promises. I dont expect him to stay home, but I think it is purely courteous to let the other partner know your whereabouts. Im starting to not trust him which is ridiculous coz we have only been staying together for a month.

Surely. Isn't any human relationship worthy of expecting consideration for each other ? Maybe it depends in part on your explicit expectations of each other ; this sounds like rather an open relationship if he needs to be out so often and so late, without caring to let you know where he is or who he is with. This is the first month, when you might expect he'd be on best behaviour and trying harder than usual to be considerate. How much do you actually know about this guy ?

1