Question
Posted by: Tee | 2011/04/01

COMMON COLD OR SOMETHING ELSE?

Hi Doc,

I have been having a sore throat for a week, since last friday, and its only getting worse. Then, it was hard to swallow and my upper body was also sore. Today, it really hurts to swallow and cough (dry cough) and also the back of my tongue is sore and my back right teeth when i bite down. Is this a cold? I am not allergic to anything. Is it an infection?

Thanks in advance,
Tee

Tee

Your symptoms can be due to a viral infection, tuberculosis, a bacterial infection etc. You need to consult your doctor for an examination, throat swab, blood tests, visual inspection of the throat and vocal cords, as well as a chest x-ray.

1
Posted by: Tee | 2011/04/01

PS.....I have acid reflux and I am taking Nexium for it

Reply to Tee