Posted by: stryker | 2009-02-26

Commission only

I have been the only rep in a company for almost 3 years now, working on a " commission only"  basis - 50/50 split, no benefits (although the admin manager is on medical aid!).

The company is now employing more reps, and I was called in and told that the commission will be lowered. I was also told that I would be managing the sales team. So now I will have more responsibilty and earn less!

Can a company just decide this?

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

Re: commission only

If they have lowered your commission without consultation you can complain and refer the matter to the CCMA.

Posted by: Nick | 2009-03-01

Tell them to -|- off

Reply to Nick
Posted by: Anon | 2009-02-27

Sorry 2 say this but I think U work 4 a sh-t company. They' re taking a big chance + U r being diadvantaged. Typical in today' s economic conditions - bosses that take advantage of staff. Check your contract  they can' t change that. Promotion + more responsibility MUST mean better remuniration otherwise it' s just not worth it.