Question
Posted by: Jacobus Pretorius | 2010-08-12

Commission Earnings &  Notice

I have been working as a sales rep for a company for a year. I never signed any contract of employment. I was earning ONLY commission on sales generated. I have resigned with 24hours notice. Is my employer allowed to keep commission due to me on past sales, for payment in lieu of working notice of 30 days? My employer has stated that I am governed by the BCEA and that I was obliged to work 30 days notice? What is my rights in this regard, and what do I do if she deducts money due to me?
thanks

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

RE: COMMISSION EARNINGS & NOTICE

The commission structure within each company differs. it is suggested that you look at your contract of employment or letter of appointment which will probably give you all the answers.

1
Posted by: Labour lawyer | 2010-08-20

RE: COMMISSION EARNINGS & NOTICE

Reply to Labour lawyer