Question
Posted by: Elle | 2009/04/16

Commencement of Menopause ?

I had a hysterectomy in November last year - 2008 - due to several large fibroids (ovaries left in) and subsequently no longer menstruate.

If cessation of periods is an inidicator for commencemtn of menopause, how do I know when I have started menopoause given that natural cessation is no longer possible.

I am 51 years of age and have as yet not experienced any typical or major menopsual symtpomst, apart from a mild feelings of anxietly ocassionally and interim sleep disturbances.

Pleae advise how i know where I am in the menopasueal continuum from start to end?

The only way to know would be to have blood tests to check hormone levels.