Question
Posted by: M | 2011-01-24

Coming out - my story

Hello everyone,

Just thought to share this. I''ve posted on this forum before (I''m a gay).
I came out to my parents last week and to a friend. There are still some friends I want to come out to this week.
I was pleasantly surprised and blown away by my parents reaction. I was preparing myself for the worst. I was so depressed and anxious about it.
I wrote them a letter to explain the situation. They don''t reject or judge me. They said that nothing changes and they still love me. I feel so relieved. This was the hardest thing I have ever had to do in my life.
If I can do it, then anyone can.

Good luck.
X

Expert ImageGay, lesbian and bisexual expert

Hi M, thanks for posting and congrats on disclosing your sexuality to your parents! Save the date - you have an anniversary to celebrate next year.

2
Posted by: to_be | 2011-02-01

Hi M

I am so glad for you! My story is very similar :-)

ps. I''m getting married in les that 3 weeks!!! Can''t wait!

Reply to to_be
Posted by: gay, lesbian and bisexual expert | 2011-01-24

Reply to gay, lesbian and bisexual expert