Question
Posted by: Jack Horner | 2008/07/14

coming out

was soooooo close to coming out to a gay friend today, actually more my wifes friend than mine!!! just felt comfortable with the thought of telling him, but alas.......one day....

Expert ImageGay, lesbian and bisexual expert

Hi again Jack Horner.... Don't fret, it will happen at a time and place that's right. But good to hear that you were so tempted - that's significant progress!

16
Posted by: lulu | 2008/07/18

Dear Niel ... everybody has a complex situation in their lives and we cant blame anybody else but ourselfs!!! You obviously don`t read the bible if there`s no diffirence when God knows. He knows everything. How do you know what I mean with that??? In order to get over your situation you need to get real with yourself.

Reply to lulu
Posted by: Neil | 2008/07/18

That was vicious Lulu, you clearly only see one side of a VERY complex situation that Jack Horner didn' t create - if you must blame, then blame society. Both Jack AND his wife are victims of this situation. And what difference does it make that God knows? It doesn' t change anything my love.

Reply to Neil
Posted by: lulu | 2008/07/18

Jack Horner ... I`m speechless ... you know that this WILL come out eventually!! I feel so sorry for your poor wife, I surely do not wish that you have children!!

STOP LIVING IN DENAIL!!! BE A MAN AND TELL YOUR WIFE WHAT`S GOING ON!!!

P.S. - God knows.

Reply to lulu
Posted by: Jack Horner | 2008/07/15

thanks guys, i value and appreciate your comments, yes Jane you are quite right in saying you don't know my situation....enough said. this is (i am) a work in progress and when i say i was about to confide in a friend it was a HUGE step for me (the first in a chain of events that could see my world coming crashing down and an immeasurable amount of pain being caused to to people i love, my wife and little people included)......please don't slap me right down again.....as Deeve said, i am doing just fine.....

Reply to Jack Horner
Posted by: Jane | 2008/07/15

I am not judging anyone BUT.... Don't know how old you and your wife are and what your situation is but don't you think you owe it to her to set her free while she is still young enough to find someone else? It would be rather nasty to come out when she is older and maybe then spend the rest of her life alone. I think you are being a bit selfish.
This is just from a womans point of view.

Reply to Jane
Posted by: LONEWOLF | 2008/07/15

The part about dreading the outcome of coming out is the worst part. The relief you feel afterwards and often surprise at the positive reactions you receive, far outweighs it. Afterwards you look back and wonder what all the worry and fuss was about. If you feel comfortable with saying it to a specific someone, just say it. This is not telling you what to do, or go and blurt it out to all and sundry, it remains a personal choice and decision. One has to weigh up your personal background, the dynamics of your family and circle of friends etc, and then tell to who you want to tell to.

Reply to LONEWOLF
Posted by: Jonathan | 2008/07/15

Agreed I was nasty... Sowwies!

;)

Reply to Jonathan
Posted by: Deeve | 2008/07/15

Yeah...but if the fella's not ready, he's gonna fall way harder than the liberation number!
Jono...I was also married...for absolute yonks...so we've all been helping J-H...he's doing just fine.....
J-H....sounds like you're working real hard at all of this. One day the time will just seem right...no one can ever tell you when ...you'll know. Take care Buddy.

Reply to Deeve
Posted by: Jonathan | 2008/07/15

Hate me or love me, I'm still gorgeous and successful, darling!

Let's focus on Jack's topic, shall we?

My two-cents on the subject - Step out of that closet ASAP! You'll be liberated beyond your wildest dreams!!!

;)

Reply to Jonathan

You don't Jonathan? Wishful thinking.

Posted by: Jonathan | 2008/07/15

Hehe! You're right, I can't guarantee it'll work - I was even expelled from university for one month due to my liberal and "free" speech...

If you read my posts on MT you'll notice that I do not flaunt anything or evoke reaction unnecessarily.

;)

Reply to Jonathan
Posted by: Jack Horner | 2008/07/15

Accepted Jonathan, thank you....yes, i see from other posts here and on MT you get into trouble fairly often.....here's an idea....when you get the urge to post what is on your mind at that very moment, log off, think about your response and respond when you log in again later.....just an idea......

Reply to Jack Horner
Posted by: Jonathan | 2008/07/15

Eish! Apologies for being such a PRICK, Jack...

Please, please accept my apology? I'm very quick to judge others, without even knowing the real story...

I'm an a&&!

;)

Reply to Jonathan
Posted by: Jonathan | 2008/07/15

Gladly!

Reply to Jonathan
Posted by: Jack Horner | 2008/07/15

Hey Jonno... don't get on your high horse here buddy....i have been posting on here for over a year now and all i have got from these great guys on here is the biggest support ever and most of all NO judgement or pressure....(from any one...until you...)...so be so kind as to back off, I know what to do, it's not as clear cut as you may think, it will happen.....

Reply to Jack Horner
Posted by: Jonathan | 2008/07/15

How long have you been married for, Jack? Don't you think you owe it to your wife to tell her? Sheesh!

;)

Reply to Jonathan