Question
Posted by: KB | 2010-11-15

Coming off the pill - endometriosis

I have been on the pill for 15 years and have decided to come off it for conceiving. I am 31 years old and had extensive endometriosis removed last year. So far there has not been that much regrowth. But my gynae has had me using the pill continuously without any breaks. Is there anything I should be doing, will the endometriosis come back quickly? I have also been getting debilitating headaches since coming off the pill, is this normal?

Endometriosis can come back within 6 months some times. There isn't anything you can do about this if you are trying to conceive.You may have side effects for the first month or two after coming off the Pill, but they should then subside. If you have come off the Pill longer than this, have the headaches checked out.

1
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2010-11-17