Question
Posted by: Question | 2010-05-09

Coming off the pill

I have been taking the pill for may years. I went from Femoden to Yasmin. I am 32 and a smoker and want to stop the pill. I am not in a relationship. I also take anti-deprresant Ciprilex. Do I have to go to a doctor to do this? Will I have major mood swings in the first month? I am going into the sugar tablet week. Can I finish them and just stop taking next month?

You can finish the sugar tablets and then stop taking it completely. It will take some time, even months for your menstrual cycle to be regular. It is possible that you might experience mood swings. Being a smoker and having no reason to take a contraceptive, I strongly suggest that you stop taking the contraceptive.