Posted by: Annalise | 2012-11-20

Coming off Nuzak

Please could you help me. I went through a few very tough years and was taking Nuzak during that time. However last year I decided to come off it, but I have now tried twice (and am on my third try, I did come off it slowly, over a period of 2 or 3 months) and each time I experience dizziness and exhaustion, which carries on for weeks. But when I go back on the Nuzak I am fine again almost immediately. I am starting to think I should maybe just stay on it after all? Thank you for your help.

You will have to consult your doctor for a series of blood tests to determine if there is any underlying pathology present. Also ask your doctor for a referral to a clinical psychiatrist, as it is possible that you are still suffering from depression and that you do need to take an anti-depressant.