Posted by: Sipo | 2012-02-20

comfort eater

Dear Doc

I am a new mom. My daughter is 4 months old and I am breastfeeding. I have been under tremenoud stress at work for the past two months and found comfort in food. Now I can''''t help it I just can''''t stop eating even when I am full. If the food tastes good then I''''ll eat until its finished. I am concerned because I am gaining so much weight and worried about what I am giving to my baby when I breastfeed because I don''''t eat healthy food. I can finish a chocolate cake in 1 day and I have a thing for anything with chocolate.

Please help, I realy need to stop and a recommended diet for someone breastfeeding and wanting to loose weight would be much appreciated.

Expert ImageEating Disorders Expert

Hello Sipo,
I am not a dietician, and suggest that you consult with a registered dietician or post your question to the DietDoc. It is probably a wonderful thing being a mother, but it is also a very stressful time, with huge adjustments and changes happening in your life. Try and get into something of a routine, especially with your own eating. I also hope that you have a support system in order to help you through the trials of early motherhood.Regards,