Question
Posted by: Jacques | 2010-02-23

combined cholestrol &  diabetes diet

I''m lookng for guidelines for a diet for my mom , who''s got diabetes, and whose cholestrol is in the region of 6.5.
Any diets, recomendations!

Dear Jacques
You can click on 'Diet' at the top of this page and then on 'You are what you eat' and read the 'Healthy Heart' section and on also on ‘Food as Medicine' and then on ‘Type 2 diabetes’, to obtain information about the dietary treatment of these 2 conditions. However, I would urgently recommend that your dear Mom should consult a clinical dietitian (visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: www.adsa.org.za and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area).The dietitian will have to work out a diet prescription for your Mom that takes both her conditions, her medications, age and any other factors (such as possible overweight) into account. All diabetics should obtain a diet prescription from a dietitian who will also advise on how to lower her cholesterol intake.

1
Posted by: DietDoc | 2010-02-23

Dear Jacques