Question
Posted by: needInfo | 2012-08-16

Combi HIV test

Hi Dr. I asked before about HIV Combi test and thanks for replying me.

your answer was: " "  The HIV Combi test is very accurate. A negative results, means just that. You should however, test yourself again at 6 weeks and at three months after exposure. If the test results are negative, you are HIV negative.

Regards" " 

my question is, if the test is accurate why I should retest again after 3 months?
can the negative result in my previous test change to positive?

HIV has a window period, where you can be negative after the first and positive after three months after exposure.

2
Posted by: needinfo | 2012-08-19

again Dr.

I did the test because there was a fighting in street and we had a deep cut in nose, head ,,,,, so i did not remember if there is a blood come on to my open wounds. for this resoan i did the test.
but lets say Yes, I contact with the blood and it comes to my open wounds

should i test again?
if the test is accurate why I should retest again after 3 months?

Reply to needinfo
Posted by: needinfo | 2012-08-19

I did the first HIV Combi test after 24 days of fighting.

Reply to needinfo